Lost Pages : That Day



It’s quiet, cold, and dark. Nightingale is always like this. The only city where all refugees stay in this big country. It’s been 10 years now since this city was established, very diverse, very dangerous, I can say that since I have been living here for 5 years now. I was scared that time, but now I am different. I never thought that a person like me could even adapt in this kind of filthy place, a place where criminals are made. 

“Here, for today”, Eric said, after giving me the name of person which I should murder that day. I was not that kind of person basically, I feel guilty yet pleasure at the same time doing this. Ever since I have been here, my activities are either sleeping, eating, training, and killing people. I get used to it so fast like learning to walk when I was a toddler. 

Eric is my savior, also he is like a father figure to me. Well, no one was willing to take me up homeless on the street that time, but Eric saw me differently and took me home to his city and then now I am one of its common people from this city. I didnt know why justice and law body wouldnt give a fuck regarding the place, but eventually now I know that our client are mostly people from high-up positions which also protects us from being dismished literally, cause they need us as well although they know we hate them so much and can kill them in a second. However, the money never fails us and they have their watch-dogs as well. So we need to get along.

I opened my paper Eric gave me, and saw a familiar picture in it. It’s the infamous singer in the country, but there was a note on the left side saying, ‘Meet me on the rooftop of Darren Church, at 5 pm’. 

“It’s not a name?”, I asked wondering since I usually got a name. 

“She is our client, she wanted to meet you first to discuss something”, Eric answered while blowing his cigarette with his left hand. 

Fetching my weapons and that day I was off to go to the place where it’s mentioned on the paper. That day, when my life was changed forever. That day, when I was simply puzzled whether I should have been grateful ... or not.
v